Buying Instagram followers isn’t all it’s hyped to be. It costs money and you can’t specifiy the kind of followers your getting most of the time.
Here’s how to get free Instagram followers at a pace similar to buying Instagram followers.
The name of the game is automation.
With a smart automation tool, you can hand off most, if not all of the small tasks involved in successfully growing an Instagram page so that you can focus on the big picture tasks: creating amazing content, forming collaborations, etc..
The best thing about using automation, however, is that while you’re getting Instagram followers at a WAY faster pace than if you were not using an automation tool, you’re still gaining real, engaged people as followers.
Here’s a simple blueprint consisting of four steps to implementing automation into your Instagram growth plan:
Research your competitors
What do you want your Instagram page to be about?
Before you start trying to grow your page, pick a niche (lifestyle, inspiration, fitness, etc.).
Once you know your niche, you can then research what other people in your niche are doing that is working for them.
You don’t want to copy what other people doing exactly, but you just want to understand what they’re doing that’s working so that you can incorporate similar strategies into your own Instagram page.
- What types of things are they posting?
- How many times a week and/or day are they posting?
- What does their Instagram bio say? (links, CTAs, etc.)
- How do their post captions read?
When you do this kind of research and incorporate what you find into your growth strategy, you can rest assured that you are implementing tactics that have already proved successful for someone else with a page similar to yours.
2) Research your hashtags
Hashtags are how you get your posts in front of people who matter most.
With this in mind, you want to be attaching hashtags to your posts that you know your target audience are actively using and searching for.
Here’s how to find those hashtags:
- Search a keyword related to your niche on Instagram. (if you are a fitness page, for example, you might search for the keyword “squats”).
- Record the popular hashtags that result from your search.
- Explore each popular hashtag and record all its related hashtags (shown horizontally across the main hashtag)
- Repeat steps 2-3 as many time as you want.
Through this process, you will develop a list of hashtags that you know your target audience is using. Therefore, when you attach these hashtags to your posts, your target audience is much more likely to come across your content.
3) Post when your target audience is online and active
Instagram rewards content that gets the majority of its engagement close to when it’s first posted in the form of making it more visible to people searching for your hashtags.
To make sure you get the most engagement in the smallest amount of time possible, you want to post on Instagram when your audience is online and most active.
You can find this out through a few ways:
- logically think about when your audience would be online (if your target audience is high shoolers, for example, it would make sense to post before school, during lunch time, and after school)
- monitor the engagement on your posts and take note of the time and days when you receive the most engagement (if you notice that you receive higher engagement after 3PM on weekdays, for example, you could make an effort to always post after 3PM on weekdays)
- Use a tool like Iconsquare to analyze your engagement more in-depth.
Once you know what time and day to be posting, use an Instagram scheduler like TagScout to upload and schedule posts for days, weeks, and even months ahead from your desktop.
4) Engage with those who matter most
The most important thing to getting more Instagram followers is engaging with people who would be interested enough in what you’re doing to follow you.
Engaging just means Liking, commenting, sharing, DMing, and generally getting in contact with people in your Instagram niche.
You want to do this because people are much more likely to check out your Instagram page after you’ve Liked or followed or generally engaged with their own page.
However, if you’re going to invest the time and energy into Liking, commenting, and generally engaging with hundreds of people every single day, you want to make sure that those people are going to return the favor.
To make sure you’re engaging exclusively with people are likely to return the favor, follow these steps:
- Take the hashtags you discovered from your research above.
- Search those hashtags and leave a comment and/or Like all of the recent posts using those hashtag.
- Record the usernames of the people posting with those hashtags.
- Send them a DM expressing your admiration for their page and ask for any tips or pieces of advice that someone new to the community could use.
- Repeat this every single day.
While this method of engagement is almost guaranteed to result in more followers, it can take extraordinary amounts of time.
Fortunately, there are tools that both allow you to target exactly the kind of users that would follow you back and that allow you to automate your Liking, commenting, following, and DMing. One of those tools is TagScout.
All you have to do is put in the hashtags from your research, hit “Go”, and TagScout will begin automatically engaging with only people using those hashtags.
You can also engage with people based on their location, competitor-connection, and from specific excel lists of users.
Get free Instagram followers by following the methods described above, and add in an automation tool like TagScout optimize your results and make your life a whole lot easier.
Are you a seasoned Instagram pro with wisdom to share? Please share in the comments below!